Open Call for Art- On Fertile Ground Exhibition 2015
ART CALL: ON FERTILE GROUND EXHIBITION 2015
All My Relations Gallery announces a call for submissions to participate in a group exhibition, On Fertile Ground: Native Artists from the Upper Midwest, September 11th-November 20th, 2015. The exhibition highlights the wealth and diversity of Native artists from MN, WI, SD, and ND regions.
Submission Deadline: June 4th, 2015
Email and post mail submissions must be received no later than
12 midnight central standard time Thursday June 4th, 2015.
- Exhibition dates: September 11th -November 20th, 2015.
- Applications will be reviewed by a jury of Native artists and curators.
- Notifications of acceptance or declined applications will be sent by June 29th, 2015.
- Selected artists will receive a $350 honorarium.
- All My Relations Arts will cover round-trip shipping/transportation costs up to $500. If the cost of round trip shipping/transportation exceeds $500, the remaining balance will be the responsibility of the artist.
- All My Relations Arts will insure all artwork from the time works arrive at the Gallery, until it is returned to or picked up by the artist.
All Native American 2-D and 3-D visual artists, 18 years and older, from MN, WI, ND, or SD, are encouraged to submit. New media, video, and sound artists are also eligible to apply but must provide their own equipment (monitors, sound equipment, etc.)
Applicants must provide documentation of tribal enrollment or proof of descendancy.
All applicants must submit either via email or post-mail the following materials. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Completed application
- Up to 6 work samples of currently available works for exhibition. (see below for submission guidelines) Works must be made within the last three years and available for the duration of the exhibition. If selected, jurors will choose 1 to 3 works for the exhibition. Works do not have to be for sale, but can be if so desired. All My Relations Gallery does not take a commission.
- Inventory document of work samples (see below for inventory guidelines)
- Artist Statement, no longer than 250 words
- Artist Biography, no longer than 200 words
- CV or resume, no longer than 3 pages
- Proof of tribal enrollment or descendancy
Work sample guidelines
- Each artist may submit up to 6 digital files of work samples.
- Each file must be no larger than 1MB each.
- Files must be in .jpg format and cannot exceed 1200 pixels in any dimension.
- For video/new media artists, please supply a list of up to 6 online links to work samples. Or, you may submit a CD of work samples via post-mail or in person.
Inventory of work sample guidelines
An accompanying documents listing the following information for each image must be submitted: Title, Year, Medium, Dimensions, Price. If not for sale, list as NFS, and provide insurance value of work.
- If submitting application materials via email, artist must submit the inventory list on a separate document. Image file names must correspond with inventory list.
- If submitting application materials via post-mail delivery, the inventory list must be submitted as a printed document. Image file names on the CD must correspond with inventory list.
- All works must be installation ready and delivered to the All My Relations Gallery between August 10-14th, 2015. (Works on paper must be framed, or alternative professional mounting methods must be provided by the artist.)
- Artists must appropriately package their works for shipment/transportation. Damaged works due to poor packaging will not be the responsibility of All My Relations Arts. The same packaging will be utilized for return shipment.
- If selected, artist must submit the following within 1 week of notice of acceptance. These materials will be included in exhibition literature:
- High-resolution images of each work selected for exhibition. Images must be at least 300dpi, no smaller than 5 x 5 in.
- An artist statement on the work/s selected for exhibition.
Artists may submit applications via email or post-mail.
- Via email: Send images and all accompanying documents with a subject line of “2015 Regional Exhibition” to: email@example.com
- Via post mail: A CD of images, labeled with artist’s name, must accompany all printed application materials. Application packets should be mailed to:
NACDI/All My Relations Arts
Attn: Graci Horne
1414 East Franklin Ave. Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Work Samples
- Inventory List
- Artist Statement
- Artist Biography
- Proof of Enrollment/Descendancy
All My Relations Arts
1414 East Franklin Ave. Minneapolis, MN 55404